Support Forum

• Page:

Natural resize in Lightbox

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Is there a way to show image in Lightbox resized, but in natural proportions - instead of just setting image width and image height?
I have different sizes of photos in gallery and just setting permanent width and height shows too wide or to thin pictures in Lightbox.
  • Ecky
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 75 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
This is a good question

I'll need to check on this but the problem being its a relatively old extension

It isn't responsive so isn't really suitable for sites that need the flexibility of resizing content - I think to change the functionality to remove the sizing limits would require a large re-working of the extension coding but I will check with a developer

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years 7 months ago by manh.
What gallery extension would you suggest to use in a responsive template (approx 50-100 photos)...? Perhaps I could just solve my problem by using another extension.
  • Ecky
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 75 posts
Last Edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Ecky.
Hi

I'd try using the zentools module but I'd add pictures gradually and not go straight to 50 or 100 to check for any hosting performance issues

Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ecky
What is your favourite not responsive gallery module for bigger amount of photos (50-200)...?
  • Ecky
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 75 posts
hmm not sure I've used one for a while - the others I've used will have a fixed lightbox height and width e.g. like prettybox

I'd be carefull with what ever extension you use as it will require resizing the image to make thumbnail images and the sheer number might cause the hosting setup to creak

I'd check out the JED - Joomla Extensions Directory to see what is available

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers