Support Forum

• Page:

File path question

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm having to move my site to another URL and hosted server and I'm wondering about all the links ...

I see in some JoomlaBamboo examples and even in some of the actual fields for the sample content that file paths are sometimes preceded by "..." or "<root>". Is this just for example purposes or can "..." or "<root>" (or something else) be added to the file path in all cases for real?
  • alaskajen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 69 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

As long as you've not added absolute links pointing to your development server you will be fine

I think I've mentioned Akeeba backup files before but this is the best way to move a site together with the akeeba kickstart files

Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
OK. Thank you. I don't think I have anything too specific ... mine all start like /templates/jblifestyle/user/ ... for stuff I've added that's custom.

I have Akeeba installed but it's only able to make backups intermittently (have been getting support from my hosting service and Akeeba to straighten out). Apparently GoDaddy is so overloaded that Akeeba times out during backups. So I'm kind of in a pinch right now re backing up site and, even more importantly, testing backup. And I can't make any template updates until that's sorted out (mostly because I don't know how to backup site and restore manually for testing purposes; let me know if you have advice/good article to help).

Thank you again for all of your help!
  • alaskajen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 69 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Yes that does sound like the godaddy level of service :(

I'd check out the akeeba docs for using a backup and a kickstart

www.akeebabackup.com/documentation/akeeba-kickstart-documentation.html

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: alaskajen

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers