Support Forum

• Page:

Delete K2 Comments in php myAdmin

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I just found out that one of my clients had auto approve in k2 comments, there are 200,000 comments! I need to use phpMyAdmin to delete. Just to check with you all, in phpMyAdmin, I choose the correct database, then on the left it shows the tables, I select jos_k2_comments, then in the center of the page there are options, I am guessing that I choose the "empty" (not the "drop-which would probably delete the table and mess up my site) Am I correct here, I do not want to destroy the site but have to delete these comments (I turned them off too. Thanks!! Carin
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Carin,

Yeah, that sounds correct. Never tried it myself though. Please ensure you have a working backup before trying it :)
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
I wanted to report in that the "empty" command worked and deleted all the (200,000) comments, but now I have another strange thing going on and would really appreciate your advice. My hostgator account jumped almost double in inodes, which means they won't do backups, so I started clearing out the account and doing manual backups, and when I backed up this particular website (last akeeba backup was done 11/10 (size was 68,375,724) this new one on 12/11 (only change in website was been about 20 k2 blog posts) file size jumped to 566,293,083) I looked in the K2 comments and they have all been deleted-directly from the phpMyAdmin, but something has bloated the size of this site, is there a log file or some history I should also delete-the original problem was 200,000 comments on K2 blog posts. Thanks! Carin
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Is it your site backups perhaps?
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
That was a great idea, but I just deleted the old backups and ran akeeba again and its still the same huge size
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Then it is something else in the site folder somewhere. Images/videos are usually the culprit, so check those folders first.

It can't be anything in the database, as that is not counted in that file size, being separate.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers