Support Forum

• Page:

Migrate Joomla 1.6.6 to Joomla 1.7

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am not having any luck with the Update feature incorporated into Joomla 1.6.6 which provides for migrating on to Joomla 1.7. Perhaps on a related note, I also am having no success with a Joomla 1.65 - 1.7 upgrade installer .zip -- After 32 seconds the attempted upgrade ceases and I get an error message suggesting I contact the Administrator. I have lengthened the download timeout to 120 seconds and the memory size limitation to 32mb for the server itself, is there a need to do that for this site directory also? Or is some addition to php required for Joomla 1.7 that was not required for Joomla 1.6.6? The site runs fine on 1.6.6, but I am mindful of the end of life for Joomla 1.6 fast approaching. I am using the Joomla Bamboo Pure 1.6 quickstart package. I have already updated the extensions and the template.

I am mostly interested in migrating a PowerPlay Joomla Bamboo 1.6 package, but have much work invested in that site and do not want to risk boogering it up until I see this working on the Pure template Quickstart site.
  • Stanton Bond
  • Free Extensions
  • 518 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Possible "My Bad" here in that I've just noted that the Joomla 1.6.6-1.7 migration archive is actually a two-part .zip file, so you open the .zip file and you find two .zip files inside it. One is a pre-install package. That pre-install worked fine. The second package did not work again. However, my Admin Pro application detected the installation of the pre-package and recommended that I update to Joomla 1.7 which it did do successfully for me. I think I'll contemplate that success for a bit, and then try the same tactic on the PowerPlay site where I have some considerable design and writing energy invested.
  • Stanton Bond
  • Free Extensions
  • 518 posts
Hi Stanton,

Ive read about some issues on local servers due to memory sizes.

Have you tried the Joomla forum for help with this? It's not really a template related issue.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers