Support Forum

• Page:

2 seperate logins possible?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I would like to put two seperate logins on the 1.5.17 Joomla site I am building, one for customers that are shopping and one

for distributors(private pages with promotions and pricing), I have installed a "passphrase" blocking extension for the

distributors, so only they can enroll for the private pages, if they have the passcode, but for customers I would like to

enable a regular login to go to their account. Any ideas? Thanks, Carin
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I did think of one thing, install Joomla in a subdomain with the same theme and have the menu direct them to a login page in the subdirectory, probably the easiest option
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Hi there,

I would use something like JUGA or one of the other access control components to do this.

Juga (dioscouri.com) has a bit of a steep learning curve but you could lock down different parts of the site using that type of setup. There would just be one login but based on their access level you could redirect or show them content specific to their level.

Well worth checking out for sure.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks Anthony, I also found a "private page" extension which will probably work for the time being because the distributors information will only be 2 to 3 pages, but I will note the other extension for future reference. My learning curve right now is focused on exploring all the beautiful templates since I joined the Club! take care. Carin
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Thanks for letting us know Carin

B)
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers