Support Forum

• Page:

HTML based to Joomla

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi guys,

I have a plain HTML based site and would like to transfer it all over to joomla,

My plan was to create a sub-directory and install joomla there and then copy over text etc. in my own time then when ready simply delete the root of the site, copy all of the contents of the joomla sub-directory back over into the root of the site. The database would connect as it expects a localhost but would I encounter any other problems other than having to tel it where to find images etc.?

Cheers

Paul UK
  • Paul
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 73 posts
Last Edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Paul.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Paul,

Id say its even easier than that and its pretty much how we relaunched JB.

For a time we had it on another serber then moved it into joomlabamboo.com/reboot. Once the site was ready to move we moved the files from the root (the old site) into another directory and then just moved the reboot files into the root. Then it was just a matter of changing the paths in the configuration.php file and the new site was up and running.

If you use relative paths for the images then it wont matter about the paths because they will still be in the images/stories folder relative to the root of the site.

Hoep that helps.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Great! Was hoping that was the case.

Simples!

Paul Uk
  • Paul
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 73 posts
Great thanks Paul :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers