Support Forum

• Page:

Simple links from article to article

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Ok this probably seems like an obvious one but I can't figure out how to create a simple link within the text of an article that points to another article in the same site. I tend to use this a lot, standard practice really and I don't want to create a special menu in a module just to achieve this each time.

example:

...the current directors Fred Blogs and Joe Smith have recently decided to implement new conditions for users...

>>>each name would link to their CV

any ideas?

Sean
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Sean,

All you need to do is to create text with a link within your text editor. First create the article you want clients to click to (i.e. Fred Blogs). Once this is done, assign this article to an active or inactive menu. Now go into the article you want your click-through links to show and create your text (i.e. Fred Blogs | Joe Smith). Hi-lite each name and click onto your file link button of your text editor. Now assign or associate it to either a specific menu link you created above or to a specific article. This process will depend on what text editor you are using (recommend JCE).

Hope this helps out... if not get back with us and we'll follow-up.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Hello and thanks for the reply Ed,

My problem was solved as you described when I installed JCE editor, up to now I was using the pre-installed tiny MCE which didn't have those page to page link options.

Thanks again.

Sean
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Glad you got it sorted Sean - JCE is the bees knees when it comes to wysiwyg editors :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers