Support Forum

• Page:

Overloading Catregory with Too Many Articles?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

A Blog I help manage currently has about 900 articles in one category, and the home page displays the first 10 and paginates underneath. We just had a problem with saving large articles and I did clean up the _assets table according to the posts I have read on Joomla forum, also changed out the input.php in library folder, but still have the problem with timeout on large articles. The site is on shared hosting.

Asking for opinions on your experience with large number of Articles in a Category, is it better to start a new Category, perhaps by year, and start posting into that, changing the Home Page to that Category Blog category. We want to be proactive and not start crashing the site! Thanks for nay advice!!
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

That is a serious lot of content

With the changes you would affect the link url - this would affect the search results

Just wanted to check you had factored this in

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I just got the suggestion at joomla forum to Archive many of the old articles and put an archive search area on sidebar
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
That sounds like a good solution

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers