Support Forum

• Page:

jquery noconflict question

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello! I am hoping that someone in our group can direct me to an easy to understand resource on jquery noconflict. One of my clients (who has 4 jooomla bamboo sites) also has a real estate website done in open realty. After two years of everything fine, now the maps addon won't work, and the tech support at Transparent tells me its a jquery conflict and I have to remove the jquery from the template. Would this be a case where I can add jquery noconflict? (I removed the script from the code so it would post) I know this is not Joomla, but hoping someone can lend some wisdom here. Thank you for any direction you could guide me to!
<  type="text/javascript" src="http://deccarealestate.com/include/class/jquery/jquery-1.7.1.min.js">
<    type="text/javascript" src="http://deccarealestate.com/template/Decca2/js/jquery.js">
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
It depends on the jquery version being loaded - the template and the framework - link for the site and page in question?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
here is a link to a page that has a map thanks for taking a look at this Paul! deccarealestate.com/index.php?PropertySubtype[]=Patio+Home/Villa&action=searchresults
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Did this map issue crop up today?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I noticed it about 3 weeks ago, but I am not on the site everyday. I just got stuck because the template relies on jquery so I did not know how I could follow the instructions I was given by tech support to remove it, and was not sure the "plugins" for the suckerfish and more would run on an updated version, if I just reference their version. I just don't understand jquery that deeply.
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Hey Carin,

Troubleshooting jQuery issues can be problematic at the best of times and we are happy to do so if our products are involved. But from the looks of that page you aren't using Joomla - might be wrong - so may be worth asking the developers to see if they can help provide you with a fix.
Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I understand! I just wondered if you might have a resource in mind I could learn about jquery noconflict, in case I could apply that fix to this circumstance, like a band-aid. Sometimes when I do searches on topics like jquery, I find resources that are above my level of understanding.
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Hey Carin,

Yes sorry I cant help more but it can be quite tricky troubleshooting those kinds of issues.

This is a good reference:
learn.jquery.com/using-jquery-core/avoid-conflicts-other-libraries/

But for Joomla you need to make sure that mootools loads before jQuery. When that happens the $ used in the jQuery code can be used by jQuery and not mootools.

So getting jQuery to run in no conflict really depends on the context and the other scripts getting loaded.

Hope that helps.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thank you so much Anthony! I am reading it now! I appreciate you all!
  • handsun
  • 12 Month basic
  • 511 posts
Good luck with it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers