Support Forum

• Page:

Quickstarter Package: Is a list of modules and the descriptions existing?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi bamboo-fans
I'm still on the level to install the quickstarter packages. With the installation, it installs me about hundred modules. I maybe need 20% in the end and all the others I would like to delete afterwards, for the reason of delivering my clients only what they really need in theyr website. Is there a comfortable technique to find those modules they're not used in the individual project? Is there a list with all modules and explanations of each module what it does and where it is needed?
It takes me so much time to deactivate one module after the other and see if the site still runs.
Thanks
Joe

PS: Bamboo rocks! I love it...
  • Joe
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 42 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Joe,

Unfortunately not I'm afraid

Other than the documentation page which just covers the home page modules in depth

How I used to work when I started was a quickstart locally and then have an empty site as the real site on a live server

So could reference settings but not have the pain of deleting content, modules and extensions/components

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joe
It may also be worth considering having a starter install

so it would be a joomla install with no template added and then all the extensions that you normally use installed

e..g

akeeba backup
akeeba admin tools
zentools
JCE editor
maybe xmap
maybe mike reumers google map

So rather than keep re-installing stuff you have an akeeba file already to go with all your common installs

Just a thought :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joe

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers