Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

RSS feed entry display problem in Safari.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello Bamboo magic team!

Via the forum i found a video tutorial on how to allow/create a RSS feed from my site.

I did all the steps and it works great on Firefox, but on Safari it displays all the personal info on the site like my superadmin personal email address!

display on Firefox :
Capturedcran2013-06-2519.13.01.png

on Safari :
Capturedcran2013-06-2519.13.56.png

I can't choose what browser people use, and i don't think i can block a specific browser.

Does anyone know if i did something wrong, or any other ideas?

Also, on a side note,
I used {loadposition Mymodule} as a way to put the facebook Share/like/tweet buttons
And it appears spelled on the RSS feed articles.
Is there a way to stop that? It's a bit weird.
Capturedcran2013-06-2519.13.19.png

Any help is most welcome.

Thanks,
Annick.

For information :
Joomla 2.5 / Template Highline

www.test.alpinepaddle.com
  • AnnickBorel
  • 12 Month basic
  • 86 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Annick,

I seem to have a problem viewing all feeds in Chrome till I install an RSS extension that worked

I think this is the browser having issues handling an rss feed output and not related to the site - could be wrong however )

Think with the loadposition you will need to work with intro text to hide the syntax from the feed view in the settings

I don't think there is a way to hide it otherwise using the core joomla function

or use an rss extension as an alternate

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks for the answer Paul,

I have to admit i am a bit useless for this RSS business...
I had a hard time even for my first attempt, so i have to ask...
What's an RSS extension or alternate?

Do you have any that's sure to work and easy to use to propose?

Thanks for the help anyhow.

Annick.
  • AnnickBorel
  • 12 Month basic
  • 86 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi Annick,

When I viewed the site in Chrome the problem was the browser itself with the lack of a native rss feed reader leaving the formatting all over the place

Once I installed a browser add on extension it looked ok - all browsers render the rss feed like on your site differently.

With Safari the rss feed loads ok but I seem to have a massive memory leak with loading the Safari browser in a pc so I'm not a 100%

With the settings in the core feeds component can you not use the intro text as an option e.g. select the content in the intro text and ignore the rest of the content in the fed display

and add the introtext option to an article?

I'm in no way an expert in using RSS feeds in joomla so I just googled to see what came up

maybe look here - www.buildajoomlawebsite.com/blog/tutorial/getting-started-with-rss-feeds

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers