Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Cookies policy / template issue?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,
Here i am with another question that probably has an obvious answer (except for me!)
I'm getting ready to launch my site and i'm putting together the "legalities" part of it.

I know the privacy policies etc change depending where you're from but i was wondering about the cookies.

Is it at all a template issue or is it an hosting issue?

I'm using the Highline template and i don't know if it uses cookies.

There is no notion of login on my site, it is simply a "windowshopping" kind of experience. It's for a small company that carve paddles. But they don't want a webshop.
So no payments, either.

The only interaction the visitor has is through browsing the site and when they "like" or "share" etc with social media.

Does anyone know anything about this or am i in the wrong place?

I'm thankful for any help that would come this way!

thanks,
Annick. B

www.test.alpinepaddle.com
  • AnnickBorel
  • 12 Month basic
  • 86 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Annick,

The legislation is to quote a phrase = "a dogs dinner"
e.g a complete mess

In the UK the government body has basically given up on any enforcement of this issue

www.pcpro.co.uk/realworld/381976/the-icos-shame-faced-u-turn-on-cookies

www.netmagazine.com/news/cookie-law-dead-132540

nocookielaw.com/ (my favourite)

For me if you want to be compliant with the law a simple line of text saying the cookies used in the footer should be more than enough or a section in your privacy policy that nobody will read - although to be honest doing nothing will be my choice

If you use any analytics a cookie will be used which basically meant the legislation was flawed before it became law

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Ok, thanks.
I think in France the law still expects you to have a mention of it, so i'll find some in a site i saw and copy/paste the text to make sure my dad is covered.

If any french user of joomlabamboo looks in here for the same question, here's a generator of "conditions generales d'utilisations" which cover privacy issues/liabilities/copyrights etc...
www.subdelirium.com/generateur-de-mentions-legales/

I hope there's one in english for the rest of you!

Thanks for all your help!

Annick. B.
  • AnnickBorel
  • 12 Month basic
  • 86 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Thanks Annick :)

+1

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers