Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Wallpaper Template, can it be centered?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, I'm fairly new to Joomla and just joined the club here.
I love the Wallpaper template and got it installed and working just fine so far it seems.

I was wondering if it is possible to center it on the screen instead of over to the left?
I've looked at the css but not sure where to start.

Also, I'm noticing a small problem with my menu. It's the first thing I've done on the site and I notice it doesn't behave the same way the demo one does. Namely the underline of the current page link being a different color from the others.
On the demo site the underline is black on current page while the others remain the color of the theme.
On my site all the underlines stay the same color as the theme.
I haven't changed any css, I've only replaced some and added other menu items.
I know this isn't exactly a major problem but any ideas on how to fix?

mlc.mediaoutloud.net
all the best
David
  • David
  • Previous Member
  • 5 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi David,

It is possible but requires a little reworking of the css and index.php files.

I think the easiest way is to put the entire site within a centering div.

So basically you need to do two thing:

1. add the following in the index.php file: <div id="centerWrap"> at line92 just after the <body> tag and then a closing div: </div> at line 295 or just before the closing </body> tag will wrap the entire site within a centering div.

2. Add the following to the template_css.css file: #centerWrap {width:980px;margin:0 auto}

That will give you a width of 980px and center the whole site in the middle. There will be some other cosmetic changes that you will need to do I think but that will be get you started.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
That worked beautifully Anthony, Thank you!

It's not quite center, but it's close enough for me! Not going to tinker with it any more!

Great help!

mlc.mediaoutloud.net

David
  • David
  • Previous Member
  • 5 posts
Looks great David -

The extra width comes from this line in the index.php file:

<div id="overlayWrap" class="<?php echo $this->params->get('style'); ?>" style="width:<?php echo $templateWidth+63 ?>px">

Change the 63 to whatever value suits and you should have it looking a little more even.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers