Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Problems with "Responsive" template and Superfish menus and setting up

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm having all kinds of small but significant problems with the Responsive template Joomla set up.

www.artclass.org.uk

when I uploaded more images to the gallery for "student" images with the media manager, the thumbnails weren't created automatically so the new images aren't being shown by the "Responsive Photo Gallery" module

I can't find a way to format the table on the front page

The readmore button selected for the article Teaching>Tutor doesn't show on the site

The menus work ok but are nothing like as slick as I expected from the super fish functionality which seems to be doing precisely nothing

The site wasn't built very systematically as I was learning as I went. I'm tempted to download a different template and try to rebuild the flaky parts

any suggestions ?
  • philjcoates
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 14 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi philjcoates,
when I uploaded more images to the gallery for "student" images with the media manager, the thumbnails weren't created automatically so the new images aren't being shown by the "Responsive Photo Gallery" module

Joomla's Media Manager does not have an ability to create thumbnail for uploaded images therefore you will need to create them manually.
I can't find a way to format the table on the front page

You can add a CSS class for your table then open file /css/custom.css and enter your CSS for it.
The readmore button selected for the article Teaching>Tutor doesn't show on the site

Is it the page you mentioned?
www.artclass.org.uk/index.php/teaching/your-tutor-phil-coates
The menus work ok but are nothing like as slick as I expected from the super fish functionality which seems to be doing precisely nothing

I can see you are having only left menu which is working as it should as you can see in our demo site

bambootheme.com/showcase/oct11/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=90&Itemid=80

Did you configure your top menu as stated in our documentation ?
docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-templates/responsive-documentation

Regards,
  • vietvu
  • 12 Month basic
  • 605 posts
  • 51 Thanks
Thanks for the answers...

I didn't create the existing thumbnails. Maybe the module "responsive photo gallery" did when I first set it going, but not the additional images since. I need a solution that just lets me upload the originals and does the rest of the back end itself. I was sure the module claimed to do just that but I can't work out how to re-access that functionality.

I could get someone who knows CSS to check the table formatting for me. The point of using Joomla was to avoid that though. Is there any other way to get the same result as a formatted table?

www.artclass.org.uk/index.php/teaching/your-tutor-phil-coates is the page with the non functioning read more button, yes.

Apparently I was just expecting the wrong thing from the menus. You're quite right. They work as per demo.

Thanks again. Any further enlightenment would be valuable.
  • philjcoates
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 14 posts
With the gallery you've got at the moment its a mix of a large image and a Carousel

We don't have an extension that combines them both

Zentools does the capability to take a folder of images and display them e.g. something like

zentools.joomlabamboo.com/layouts/grid#

But the problem I think you will run into would be dimensions
as looking at the page the dimensions vary a lot - tall, wide, short, square etc

So the thumbnail that was automatically created would look good for some artwork and not others as cropping in the thumbnail would take place

Once clicked the image would be fine but the thumbnail might well be different that expected by the viewer

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
With Tables - it depends on what you mean by "correct" formatting

With this template being responsive there can sometimes be niggles with how the tables display

If you want to alter the presentation of any of the website it will require some css

To make maintainence easier normally I'd suggest adding html to the table so you can hang the css off that

But as you've done you can use inline styling to do this
- not sure if you are using JCE editor but that does come with built in tools that you can use

However its best to use inline styling as little as possible but as its one table I'd try that

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Can you attach a screenshot of the article in the editor with the read more problem?

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers