Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

[answered] Is Joomla 3.0 compatibility for Koan still on the roadmap ?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi all,

I have actually styled a Joomla 2.5 test site with Koan, it's a e-business site running Hikashop, and I tested also Blanko for Joomla 3.0.

But while I prefer to stay with Koan, I'm would enjoy to know if the next move will be to make Koan compatible with Joomla 3.
I have also the option to go with Blanko but I prefer Koan for some reasons.

Do you have and idea, any date, for the next Koan release with Joomla 3 compatibility ?

And also, If I stay with Koan styled on Joomla 2.5 for this site, do you think my custom work (my custom css) would work with Koan on Joomla 3.0 ?

Thanks by advance for any answer.

Sincerely.
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Brunus. Reason: tagged answered
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Brunus,

Actually Koan J3 will be released tomorrow.

Would love to see how your custom work fits in the new design as well.

Perhaps you could open a ticket and you could supply the custom css I could test the new theme tomorrow?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Woaw ! So nice Anthony ! \o/

I will provide you the custom css as soon as I will decide it's almost clean and finished, while I was not sure to continue on Koan, Blanko...and even I was not sure to continue with Virtuemart 2 or Hikashop...then I stopped the styling to not loose time on something I will not use at the end.

Now I'm sure to go on Hikashop and with Koan.

I'm planning to finish the styling before the 12 may, then if it's still interesting for you to study my custom.css, I will provide to you under GPL licence.

I have also to study the possibility to go with Less. I'm already skilled with Stylus and SASS/Compass, I think Less will be nice for me.
Is it possible to make a custom.less file instead of a custom.css one ?

Sincerely.
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi

please note that I think Virtuemart 2 still doesn't add full Joomla 3.0 support.

Blanko for Joomla 3.0 was already released some time ago.
And about LESS...if you were working with SCSS than you won't have any problem as syntax is very close.

And yes, you can use your own custom.less but you need to manually add/link this file inside template.less
  • Zuzuzu
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
Hey Brunus,

Sounds great - just released the Koan Joomla 3 version.

Let me know what you find.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
@Zuzuzu:
You right, Virtuemart 2 is not Joomla 3 ready, that's why I was surprised with the release of Blankoshop, and wanted to give it a try.
Hikashop is Joomla 3.0.
And thanks for the tip with template.less.

@Anthony:
Absolutly great !
I will run a first try as soon as possible.

Sincerely.
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Blankoshop is still great even without VM support for Joomla 3. Because there are many people starting new project and so they can use Joomla 2.5 with VM2 and Blankoshop and they will be able to update to Joomla 3 without loss of any work they did.
  • Zuzuzu
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
That's absolutly right Zuzuzu.
VM 2.x will be Joomla 3.5 ready, but I don't feel, reading their boards, that they want release a Joomla 3.0 VM ready.
Then, for people running VM 1.1.x, the actual solution to avoid the end of the support it's to migrate, and then stylize, a Joomla 2.5 website.
In this case, Blankoshop is great, as you said, because it's providing a Joomla 3.x compatibility for the future upgrade.
But it's a frontend dev point of view.
  • Brunus
  • 12 Month basic
  • 99 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Brunus. Reason: to much verbose
I think your point of view is absolutely correct. Also when you take a look how long it took to support Joomla 2.5 by Virtuemart...this means we have a lot of time till Joomla 3.0 VM support :)
  • Zuzuzu
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers