Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

problem setting up zenbase template

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have downloaded the Zen template and have attempted to use it in my Joomla installation in my server and in a local Joomla installation but have been quite unsuccessful so far.

I have had problems with the module arrangement. I expected to see a demo webpage with different modules in their position, and then start playing with module positions and content, but when I set the Zen template as default, no content would appear. It seems that I'm doing something quite wrong but am unable to find it out. What should be the necessary steps to properly install the template along with the sample data and a demo page, like on your website, to start working?

On the other hand, I have downloaded the Quickstart package. I've read in the installation guide that first Joomla is installed and then sample data is installed afterwards. From the documentation on your website it seems that this package cannot be installed when Joomla is already installed. Is it possible, however, to install the sample data and have a demo page to start working?

I would also like work in our computer first and then upload the webpage to my hosting. I am running a PC equipped with Windows 7 Starter. Is it possible to install the Quickstart package on a windows computer? If there is a guide that would be a great help for me.

Many thanks in advance for your help
  • ainhoakhian
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 5 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

You can't install the quickstart package on top of an existing joomla installation. The quickstart package installs joomla as well as all the demo content.

Re making an existing site look like the demo please have a look at the documentation
docs.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-templates/zenbase-documentation

docs.joomlabamboo.com/images/stories/zenbase/frontpage.jpg
this image above might be especially helpful.

bambootheme.com/showcase/zenbase/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=129
and this link shows all the available module positions

Regarding content not showing up it sounds like you are using the home template which hides the main content area. So switch to the default template.

And to install a local install of Joomla you need to be running something like XAMPP
www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

I hope that helps,
Cheers
Rowan
  • rowanwins
  • 12 Month basic
  • 189 posts
  • 17 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers