Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

http://www.crazyegg.com and js

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi All, I would like to use www.crazyegg.com in my joomla site and wondered if anyone had a clear view of where to place the code, I have had a suggestion that this can be placed in the template? the beauty of this great piece of code is that "hotspots" can be seen of where visitors navigate (can be moved around from page to page). So hopefully someone has some experience or can offer some help? The company supports Wordpress but not Joomla at the moment.(I have no affiliation with the company, just think its a useful product that I want to use)
Thanks in advance for the help.
  • Harlequin
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 206 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Harlequin,

If you are using recent templates that based on T3 framework, you can insert the crazyegg js code in these file (in most cases you should place the code right above the </body> tag)

/templates/your_template/tpls/default.php or
/templates/your_template//tpls/default-home.php

Hope it helps,
  • vietvu
  • 12 Month basic
  • 605 posts
  • 51 Thanks
Thanks, not great with the code side but should be OK, I am using Powerplay template will this work?
Thanks again
  • Harlequin
  • 206 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Yes, but you will need to edit this file instead: In your template folder open this file and paste your JS code at the end of it:

/layout/footer.php

Cheers,
  • vietvu
  • 12 Month basic
  • 605 posts
  • 51 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Harlequin
OK tried this but says access is denied, tried changing permissions but denied so can't load the script? I assume the script goes above the last closing Div?
Thanks
  • Harlequin
  • 206 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Last Edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Harlequin. Reason: typo
It should be placed right after the last closing DIV.

What is the current permission of your file? Where did you try to edit the file, is it a file manager of your hosting provider?

Regards.
  • vietvu
  • 12 Month basic
  • 605 posts
  • 51 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers