Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Experienced Template Users - Feedback Requested for Selecting a Template for a Beginner

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I would greatly appreciate some feedback from any folks on the forum who have a lot of experience in selecting Joomlabamboo templates. I'm currently building a blog site with the Vintage template which seems to be going along well.

I'd like to select a template to 'makeover' another site for a nonprofit agency that I operate - - it is, at the moment, on a joomla 1.5 template called Grunge from Rocket Theme. There are some problems though on a few of the pages and that template is no longer supported.

May I ask for opinions about what are some of the easier/user friendly Joomlabamboo templates for non techies like me? I'd like for the site to have a more streamlined feel - to better organize content (which at the moment is quite wordy on the home page).

I hope this is appropriate to ask here on the forum - I thought what better place to get feedback from other more experienced joomla folks.

The site due for a makeover is here if anyone is interested in having a look. I don't plan to change the menu, really only going to re-organize the content on the home page - so something with modules is ok. But really need something simple that has some nice color options and other features that can be implemented as I learn how to use it.
www.outpostforhope.org
Libba Phillips
  • Libba
  • 12 Month basic
  • 42 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Libba,

I guess with many of the templates it would depend on what imagery you have available to use

As that will influence the template choice with slideshows or zentool modules etc

I'd take a look at the different layouts in zentools as well to see how they could replace elements of the site e.g. accordion for faqs

zentools.joomlabamboo.com/layouts

I'd also think about how people can access the site - e.g. mobile friendly, ipad etc - that will influence the template choice as not all templates are responsive to different devices

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thank you so much for the helpful feedback - I selected the Meridian template. I do love it - but have a few problems - it may have some bugs related to grid positions, a 'drop down' menu that drops down in the top main menu on the home page here on the about us tab: but none of the items in that drop down menu can't be clicked on.

www.outpostforhope.org

And there is rather odd coding that shows up on a couple of pages such as at the bottom of our research project survey page here: You can see it by scrolling all the way to the bottom of the page.

outpostforhope.org/component/chronocontact/?chronoformname=MLRegistryProject

Should I submit a ticket for these issues?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Libba
  • Libba
  • 12 Month basic
  • 42 posts
Hi

Looking at the site it looks like you haven't got jblibrary installed

With the other issue that module shouldn't be there so yes please create a ticket

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
thanks so much for your reply. I just now installed jblibrary - closed down and re-opened the site but still cannot click on any of the menu tabs that drop down under 'about us' in the main menu. Could I be missing another step?

www.outpostforhope.org
  • Libba
  • 12 Month basic
  • 42 posts
actually - I just went back to make sure that I enabled the jblibrary - however, now the drop down menu doesn't appear at all....eeks!
  • Libba
  • 12 Month basic
  • 42 posts
Hi

can you create a ticket

cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
thanks, yes.
  • Libba
  • 12 Month basic
  • 42 posts
Hi

For any other user

Code corrupted. Insert fresh copy. - was related to the stat counter module

The depreciated code was due to an old menu module that uses depreciated php coding this giving numerous errors on some pages

Jblibrary issue - was fixed by changing the jquery load version

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers