Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Blockquote not showing 'end quote' in Bliss

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

This is such a minor question and if I can't find the answer I will certainly live without it, however, when I put some content into <blockquote></blockquote>, it is only showing the beginning quote image (quote-ul) but not the ending quote image (quote-br).

I see in the template_css file that it is 'blockquote p' that shows the end quote image - I'm not too sure what this means I need to do to my content.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

thanks in advance if you do!:blush:
  • Jennifer Gregory
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 65 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jennifer,

What you do is this:

<blockquote><p>your text</p></blockquote>

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Tom
  • Tom de Kok
  • 12 Month basic
  • 316 posts
Thanks Tom. I should have worked that out but thanks for helping me anyway.
  • Jennifer Gregory
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 65 posts
You're welcome Jennifer, happy to help!

;-)

Cheers,
Tom
  • Tom de Kok
  • 12 Month basic
  • 316 posts
Tom,

In the Sketch template I can't get the ending blockquote to show either. I followed your instructions and created the following;

<blockquote><p>MY SPECIFIC TEXT</p></blockquote> in the banner module position and it only shows the leading blockquote. Suggestions?

URL: www.edhathaway.com/blogger

...Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Hi Ed,

This is how I set up blockquotes in this template. To add the bottom right quote mark try copying the blockquote p styling from the Bliss template and then copy the bottom right image you want to use to the images folder.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks for the tip. Should be no problem getting this effect (right quote) to work.

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
RE: Sketch Template
URL: www.edhathaway.com/blogger

I created a new image called, tinyQuote_r.png and added the following code to the template.css file right under the 'blockquote' code. With this the ending blockquote shows up but it is not right next to the ending text. Is there a way to have the ending blockquote 'float' to the ending text (regardless of how little or much text I have) and close-up the white space that I'm currently getting?
blockquote p {background: url(../images/tinyQuote_r.png) no-repeat bottom;padding-right: 30px;}

I assume that this can not be done since I have not seen it work this way in any other Joomla templates to date. The way I currently have it will due as a work-around for now if there is no other solution.
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Hi Ed,

Yep you can do this just by adding right to the position declaration.

blockquote p {background: url(../images/tinyQuote_r.png) no-repeat right bottom;padding-right: 30px;}

That should get it working for you.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony,

Thanks for the assistance but I tried your suggestion and it is pushing the 'bottom' blockquote to the far (right justified) right hand side of the module. I was looking for this image to 'float' and adjust its self based on the text. The way I had it (without the 'right' position declaration, the tailing blockquote was at least closer to the last line of text. I'm sorry if I did not make myself clearer on this.

Thanks again and if there is another option I can try, let me know when you get the chance.

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers