Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

I want one final touch!

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Aloha,

I have my site all set up now, I am using the simple template 2, i dig it!

The thing is, i want to create the same effect as the grasshoper, habitat template and even this forum page, i want to have the sides be a jpg of my preference. Do you think its possible for you to attach the short code for that, i tried tweaking the beggining of the css code, but i just dont know how to get it right. and one more question, i can asign a tottally different template (this one here) for my FORUM link right? Hope to hear back from you. this is the site im working on www.kuska1.com
  • Pool Big
  • Free Extensions
  • 7 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Yes this is possible with a little tweaking ...

You'll need to set the body tag like this:

[code:1]body {background: #000 url(../images/background.jpg) no-repeat center center}[/code:1]

That will deliver a black background with your image positioned in the center of the page. You can also use co-ordinates in px for this as well

[code:1]body {background: #000 url(../images/background.jpg) no-repeat 100px 300px}[/code:1]

The #000 is the colour black but you can out any colour here.

The only other thing you need to do is to give the site container a colour as well. so you would need to do something like:

[code:1]#container {background-color:#fff}[/code:1]

This will deliver a white background for the main page.

i can asign a totally different template (this one here) for my FORUM link right?

Yes this is done in the Joomla template manager. You need to click on assign template and then choose the menu item the template is linked to ...

Hope this helps :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
shoots brah, u da man!
  • Pool Big
  • Free Extensions
  • 7 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers