Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Elevate Slideshow settings

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

OK, so I apologize for keeping these threads busy today, but i just can't seem to work out how to get the Elevate Slideshow working on my site. I have installed the quickstart and the demo slideshow loads fine. However whenever I try to change the images or text all I get is a blank module with nothing in it. I was under the impression that all I had to do was create a Section and Category for the articles with text and then use the same name as the text article without spaces to name the corresponding image in the specified directory in the JB Slideshow module? I have tried formatting my images to 469x287 as in the demo images, but still I get no slideshow. Is there some other parameter setting somewhere that I need to tweak?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Jay
  • Jay Piggott
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 21 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
No probs Jay - can you post a link again?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,
I have not got to the stage yet of putting this site online, it is still being run from my localhost (MAMP). I have realized that I was using Safari Beta 4 as my browser for building the site. I have now switched to Firefox seeing the problems I was having. Is my description in the previous post accurate for how to configure the slideshow? Could this be another Safari issue? That would seem strange as the demo slideshow loads fine on Safari.

Cheers
Jay
  • Jay Piggott
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 21 posts
Hi Jay,

Make sure you have the right section and category id set in the module admin and also the correct folder path for the image.

If you see the alt text try right clicking on it and selecting view image. That will tell you where the moduel is looking for the image. From there you can see what to fix ...

Let me know how you get on.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Got it finally!!! Its the ID's that I had mixed up. It might be worth making this clearer in the help guide at some point.

I think I will call it a day.

Thanks Anthony for all of the assistance.

Cheers
Jay
  • Jay Piggott
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 21 posts
Good to hear Jay :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Is it possible to have the Elevate Slideshow and JB 2.5 Slideshow co-exist on the same site or page? I would like to have the Elevate slideshow with text displayed in the banner module and the JB slideshow (with images numbered from prefix#.jpg....) playing below in the right module. I have tried to install the JB 2.5 component, but get an error saying that it is already installed.

Cheers

Jay
  • Jay Piggott
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 21 posts
Hi Jay,

They are actually the same module but no its not possible to have multiple copies of this running at the moment. Its scheduled for the next major release.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers