Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

jb slideshow crazy in IE 8

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

hye everybody again,
I've just experience a problem on IE 8 the picture of the slideshow are one under the orther instead of a slideshow. I'll put you a copy of the screen.
everything is ok in firefox or the compatibility module in IE8. on many forum I saw many problems with IE8 but I'm not shure if there is something to do or no.
ok with safari, IE7 too
Thanks the pros me I'm too far from this strange problems
Antoine
  • adam
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
sorry this is the image file
Attachments:
  • adam
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
Hi Adam,
I dont want to speak for Anthony, but from my experience with IE 8 still being a Beta browser, there is no way we/anyone will support it. Because we could work for hours and hours to make it work in IE8 today, and then Microsoft can push updates to it tomorrow that change everything we did yesterday.

So, I will let Bamboo speak officially, but It is near impossible to support a beta browser due to the instability of it.
  • Jeremy Reger
  • Previous Member
  • Test, Test, and Test some more...
  • 5 posts
ok that's a g
ood answer for me and I know what I wanted to know. I don't care anymore of it and I hope there won't be too many people using IE8 as I did before ... today...
Thanks a lot.
Antoine
  • adam
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
Hi Adam,

Yes I think Jeremy is right. We will support IE8 but only when its stable. We waste a lot of man hours supporting a "stable" ie6 so Ill wait until ie8 is released before we start bug fixing it. Apologies for that but I think because its beta any browser specific hacks may just get lost in any update.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
OK thank you for all your answers.
Regards.
Antoine
  • adam
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
No probs Antoine :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers