Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

New Media table issues

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am having some issues with the New Media template.

When I make a new page or content item, I create a table (using JoomlaFTK). After creating the page with tables laid out how I want them, I save the changes. When visiting the page in my browser, I am getting strange table padding values that seem to be pulling from CSS somewhere, but I have no idea where, or how this is defined.

If you can point me to the particular CSS that is causing the table padding to be off, please let me know. I have tried changing the values in table.contentpaneopen to no avail.

The following 2 pages are examples of where the issues are occurring.

www.itt-s.com/web/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=9
www.itt-s.com/web/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=34

www.itt-s.com/web

I am also having problems with the top menu only showing the number of menu items it can fit up there, and I want to make the padding around the text just a little smaller in the menu to fit one more item, but thats a minor issue compared to the one above.

Thanks!
--adam
  • Adam Wenner
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Adam,

Thanks for your post and using New media.

I have looked carefully at your problems and can tell you that none of these problems are template related.

If you are using a table inside content, there are many problems that can arise. Even though sometimes they can be solved by altering the template itself, usually it's the configuration of the table. Let me assure you I have had my share of hours fighting with tables. And, knowing New Media by heart, I agree it doesn't allow tables to be used easily in every way.

Anthony built the template and might perhaps suggest something. I'll ask him, if he doesn't respond to this thread.

The text adjustment can be done in the template also. Open template_css.css in the css directory and find:

#nav_wrapper UL LI A

Change font-size: 130%; to any size you wish.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,
Tom
  • Tom de Kok
  • 12 Month basic
  • 316 posts
Hi Adam,

Me again. :-)

There will be an update for that issue soon, but not within a short time.

Perhaps you can find a different solution in the meanwhile. And if it is really pressing, you could submit a support ticket. Then Anthony will look at it for you.

Thanks,
Tom
  • Tom de Kok
  • 12 Month basic
  • 316 posts
So if I submit it as a support ticket, does it become more pressing?

:)
  • Adam Wenner
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
Hi Adam,

:-) Well,as you see the support here is top notch and I am sure it will be looked at as best as possible.

Tom
  • Tom de Kok
  • 12 Month basic
  • 316 posts
Support is, indeed, top notch.

You guys rock, I'll submit it as a ticket.

Thanks for your help,

--adam
  • Adam Wenner
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
You're welcome Adam!

Cheers,
Tom
  • Tom de Kok
  • 12 Month basic
  • 316 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers