Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Resizing photographs to fit properly in header

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have a good suggestion for elegantly resizing some images to fit an awkward dimension?

If I resize the image to have the correct width, then when I select the proper pixel width it makes the image seem very "zoomed" in looking. Is there a better way?

If I resize the image to have the correct height then I end up with blank space on both the right in left...is there a good way to fill this blank area to look good?

Any photoshop tutorials that would help with this? I've tried searching but have not found a good resource.
  • Austin
  • Free Extensions
  • 21 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Austin,

I dont think you can really do something like this unless the original image is of the same dimension. The smartPHP resizer that I use will crop the image to make it fit what ytou specify which is what I think you mean by zoomed in.

If you are changing the dimensions of the thumbnail then its highly likely that you will end up with what you described above.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers