Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Question in quickstart section

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

2. You can then unzip and upload the package contents to your server using your favourite ftp client. Or if you have shell access then you can upload the zip and unzip the zip directly on the server. Its much faster! In this example we are going to unzip the package on our local server into a folder called vision.

Any reason why I cant just use FTP to upload zip without having to unzip and upload files separately ??? or why use a shell when FTP can just upload the zip.......

Please excuse my ignorance as I am new to JoomlaBamboo and Joomla....hoping for some enlightenment

Regards
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey craig no you can upload anyway you want. I guess uploading file by file is slow and there are often issues with files uploading incorrectly. I use shell cos I have it on the server.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
[SOLVED]

Go Figure? uninstalled JCE and both problems vanished

I know the first question was a little basic, yet it was worded that you couldnt upload full zip, just makin sure your quickstarts were still normal installations...thanks mate

I am having 2 issues and am not sure if they are related. ( have not had these issues b4 )

On the last page of Joomla install page using organic quickstart I receive message >>>

Duplicate entry '10' for key 1 SQL=INSERT INTO jos_core_acl_aro VALUES (10,'users','62',0,'Administrator',0)

I am able to delete installation file and open up Joomla backend yet for the first time ever I cannot install Extplorer.

Guessing the duplicate entry is related somehow to super admin. I have made several attempts to install using various passwords ie admin : admin, admin : 4chriSTsaKe
admin : IaMaRETard etc etc also dropped DB several times...friggin clueless!

Have you seen this duplicate entry message before???

Using WAMP with current versions of PHP, MYSQL and apache
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Hey Craigo,

Yep I think that means that the sample database carries user info (which it shouldnt) ill clean it up later tonight once I gte my head around being back from holiday ;)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Just checkin that the user info has been taken out of database????

Thanks
Craig
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Hi Craig,

Apart from the user problems that seem to be:

You tried to install Extplorer and got errors installing. You haven't given what they are, but chances are that you have to manually set the Joomla directory permissions. Check if they are set correctly, otherwise installing components and such won't work. This is how to do that:

1. Go to the administrator backend
2. Go to HELP -> SYSTEM INFO
3. Click on DIRECTORY PERMISSIONS

There you'll see a list of directories that ALL need to have Writable in green behind them. Perhaps this is so, but if not, you need to set them via FTP to 777.

This you do by right-clicking on each directory in the list and choose Properties. You then can change the current setting for that directory, which is probably like 755. Change that to 777 for the whole list and you will be able to install.

And yes, I know it's a boring job, but after enough installs you'll be able to dream it and do it even collectively by selecting all dirs at the same time and then change the permissions. :-)

Let me know if this helps in the installation department. It might be the user permissions, but just to be sure. ;-)

Thanks,
Tom
  • Tom de Kok
  • 12 Month basic
  • 316 posts
Hi Tom,

All directories were writable 755 (made them 777 for good luck) and tried to install extplorer but again wouldnt install.

[SOLVED] I deleted JCE then I made a backup copy of organic quickstart. Have been testing for the last 3 days, seems to be working fine now. (Duplicate entry '10' for key 1 SQL=INSERT INTO jos_core_acl_aro VALUES (10,'users','62',0,'Administrator',0) has now gone and I dont have any problems with installing extplorer

Thanks for your help:)
Craig
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Awesome glad you got it sorted - Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers