Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

The top of any template gets messed up

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Here I am again. :P

I switched and stripped template again. This time I decided to stick to Vision2 and so far so good. I have a pretty basic setup now. I have a question though.

http://www.mjboerenkamp.nl/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=33&Itemid=200001

For example (but basicly on every page).

The problem is the white right side. I want the text to go all the way to the right but as you can see there's a large white space there. I guess there's something in the way or a width problem of that inner section. But I cannot find the settings anywhere.

Can you point me in the right direction please?
  • Michel B
  • Free Extensions
  • 10 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Michel,

There has been an update for this issue. The fix involves editing the vars.php file at around line 5 and changing the || to &&.

eg else if (($this->countModules( 'left' )) || (!$this->countModules( 'right' ))) {$main_width = 'wide';}

to

else if (($this->countModules( 'left' )) && (!$this->countModules( 'right' ))) {$main_width = 'wide';}

I really like what you have done with the template - but unfortunately the membership you had doesnt allow you to remove the link to JB from the template. You can upgrade to the 6 month developer membership if you want to remove the link.

Let me know what you would like to do.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Thanks! Your solution works perfect!

About the link to JB. I'm sorry, I didn't know it wasn't allowed, I guess I missed that part. As I'm planning on not using more then 1 or 2 of your templates I think it'll be too expensive to upgrade to the developer license just for that. I see the 12-months version is $195 and even half of that price would be way over my budget sadly.

Is the debranding the only benefit of having the developer license or are there more? If there's more, can we perhaps arrange a smaller fee which allows me to just remove that or isn't that possible at all?
  • Michel B
  • Free Extensions
  • 10 posts
Hi Michel,

Thats OK - In the redesign Im going to make details like that front and center.

In terms of a rebranding fee thats also something that Im going to introduce for one off situations. eg using one template on one domain. Developers also get the use of the themes on an unlimited number of sites.

Ive just added a rebrand option to the subscription page for you or anyone else who wants to do this in one off situations.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers