Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Newstream front page photos not showing

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I've got an issue with the newstream photos not showing up on the front page. Not sure what I am doing wrong! The photo settings are to take the photo from the article. Is this incorrect? The site is www.theatredc.com.

Just a note, my articles don't seem to be linking to the actual article, but I think this is an accidental setting choice on my part. Right now I just want to get the photos actually loading on the front page.

Thanks,

~ Rich
  • see
  • Previous Member
  • 50 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Rich,

Its to do with permissions on the imagecache folder here:

http://www.theatredc.com./modules/mod_microblog/imagecache

This topic will give you an overview of that:
www.joomlabamboo.com/forum/club-frequently-asked-questions/11385-correct-permissions-for-captify-prettyslider-etc#11385

If you look at this file you can get the error:
http://www.theatredc.com./modules/mod_microblog/image.php?width=140&=100&cropratio=7:5&image=//images/stories/review-photos/souvenir.jpg

Also one of your images I think uses a hyphen or some other character and so its getting truncated. Its the one with the civil in the name.

Hope this helps.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the feedback! It's almost working, the microblog part shows all the photos. But the frontpage slider is not showing any images. I did the permission changes, as you suggested. And I also had to move all my photos to the stories directory since they were in sub-directories of that one. When I switched their location it worked. But the slider photo images -- the large photos that should appear behind the menu and title -- are not appearing (I did the directory permission change).

Am I missing some small change that I should have done? I went into every image module and changed the imagecache folder to 775.

Thanks,

~ Rich
  • see
  • Previous Member
  • 50 posts
Okay, I got the front page slider to work. I had to set the module parameters to allow to resize image and to set the resized image to the same size as the module size settings (494x920).

Now one more question -- how do I get a background image on the top portion of the article pages to appear - as the template demo shows?

Thanks!
  • see
  • Previous Member
  • 50 posts
I think another issue for my photo problem is the size of the image files. Some images appear, but others will not and it seems to be the size of the file that is the problem.
  • see
  • Previous Member
  • 50 posts
For the slider the images don't seem to be able to be over 50 KB.
  • see
  • Previous Member
  • 50 posts
Hi,

There's no limit to the size of the image, though it should be kept quite low to save your and your visitors bandwidth. You can certainly go over 50kb though.

To get a header image on sub-pages, you just need to create a custom module and set an image in that, then assign it to the banner position. Further details are in the Newstream documentation, point 7: www.joomlabamboo.com/documentation/newstream-documentation
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Thanks! I've used prettyslider to do the inner pages, which seems to work out fine. Weirdly, I do seem to have a size issue, But I've got it working.
  • see
  • Previous Member
  • 50 posts
B Thanks for letting us know.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers