Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Bamboo Clean Menus

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I really like the Clean template, but I'm having a problem with the vtop menu and the top menu.

I have installed it into a fresh install of Joomla 1.0, and inserted the class suffixes into the 2 menus, yet I get this result:

www.wcr.co.nz/Capture.PNG

Can you help ?

Thanks!
  • Alex
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Try unpublishing the newsflash module and any others in the user 3 position first ... do you have a livesite url to look at?

Cheers Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi,

I'll try that out, unfortunately I have it running locally so no URL, and I'm not near that PC right now. If I have trouble I will migrate it onto a live site.

I have installed it into a fresh install of Joomla 1.5 which you can check out at www.wcr.co.nz/bbox

It's not working so well though. Are you going to migrate your templates to 1.5 ?

Cheers
  • Alex
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
Yes I see what you mean ...

It looks like you need to change the module class for the top and v_top menu to -vtop_menu and -top_menu plus menu class -nav for the very top. At the moment your very top menu has the suffix _menu and the top menu has no class.

From September releases on I hope to have native 1.5 templates but they all should work in legacy mode.

Let me know if that sorts it ...

Cheers Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

I have fixed the classes, I might have confused menu/module class for a bit. The menu's work, but they don't appear anything like the ones in your live site (bolder, white lettering?)

Cheers
  • Alex
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
It still looks a bit whacky for me unless its another url ... make sure you have the module class set to vtop_menu etc and the menu class to nav to affect the link colours.

Thanks,

Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

I'm still not having much luck I'm afraid. The menus span properly, but I can't seem to get the menu text to appear correctly. It's still the default joomla green. Your template is assigned to default and all pages, but still no luck. I'm sure I have the module classes entered correctly too.

Any ideas ?
  • Alex
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
Try adding this to the very bottom of the custom.css file:

[code:1].moduletable-vtop_menu ul li a,.moduletable-top_menu ul li a {color: #fff;}[/code:1]
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Done, and no effect.

Just to check, I am going into the module manager (in 1.5), filtering my page to mod_mainmenu and editing the Main Menu and Top Menu items, and under Advanced Parameters changing the Menu Class and Module Class suffixes, correct ?
  • Alex
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
Hey!

I got it working.

My problem was I had the menus set to "Legacy - Horizontal" and not the default "List"

I changed this while trying to troubleshoot the original problem. Sorry about that, and thanks for your help!
  • Alex
  • Free Extensions
  • 6 posts
Fantastic ... Dont forget to post your site in the site showcase once its up and running.

Cheers Anthony.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers