Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Vertical Superfish Menu for website (new version)

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello, chances are that I am going to generate the new version of the following website : www.mairie-pia.fr
It is made with an old version of Mambo that causes problems now with the last versions of Mysql (and PHP 5).
I am looking for the template that is the most appropriate (and the easiest to modify) in order to produce a website (design) as similar as possible to the current version : top photos (and random image module if possible), colors, vertical menus, even if personally I don't like the color combinations.
Also I would like to know which templates can have a vertical superfish menu and keep the design/css styles that exist for the horizontal superfish menu and how to do this.
Thanks in advance
  • wbbz@jmlbmb
  • Previous Member
  • 94 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
First, welcome to Joomla Bamboo!

Boy, it's been awhile since I saw a Mambo site in production. I guess I'm not the only one that still has a live Mambo site!

Now, let's attempt to answer your question(s).

In order to get vertical superfish menus you will have to download a menu system extension. The best place to start this search is on the Joomla extension web site at this link;

extensions.joomla.org/search?q=menu+systems

I've been a Pro member of SW Menu Pro system since the early days of Mambo and they have been with us throughout all of the up-dated versions (including the current production version of Joomla). Their free version is feature rich but you can only have one menu system per web site. They use a combination of a component and module so you'll have no problems getting the 'transmenus' effect you currently are using. You will however have to style it from scratch!

The template your are using is called Techno City and will not work within the current Joomla 1.5 system. Again, you'll have to find a theme close to what you currently have and start the re-building process. You will be able to use your current template CSS style sheet as a guideline but that is about it... sorry!

Just about the only thing you'll be able to migrate over to Joomla 1.5 will be the actual content and images. In short, you are looking at building this site from scratch using your existing site purely as a guide.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers