Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Newstream help.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am having trouble with my menu displaying correctly in the top menu on my site. I would like it to appear the same as in the "preview"

Any suggestions?
  • gocb
  • Previous Member
  • 67 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 7 months ago by gocb.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
In your template parameters, you will need to go to the Layout tab and set the columns for the nav to be around 8 and then set the logo with a width of 4 columns.
That should fix it for you. Right now the Nav spans the width and the logo does not have sufficient although it isn;t showing any symptoms of that as yet.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Worked perfect. Thank you very much.

How do you put text under the menu titles in that top menu?

Also how do i make a drop down menu under the menu item that are there now?
  • gocb
  • Previous Member
  • 67 posts
For the extra menu-text, just follow the instructions here:

bambootheme.com/showcase/jul10/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61&Itemid=97

Drop-down menu items are just a case of adding child items to the top-level menu item in the main menu, details are here:

www.joomlabamboo.com/documentation/how-to-create-parentchild-menu-items-in-joomla
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Putting additional text under your menu title is done using a few code tags. For example, this is how the demo has the Home title within the Menu Manager;
Home[br][i]Back to base[/i]
Home is the main title, the
[br]
is a carriage (enter) return, the
[i]
is to have the following text in italic and the
[/i]
is to close the italic tag. KEY: Whatever text decoration you use in your title (bold, italic, underline, etc.) it is important to remember to CLOSE each tag used.

Adding drop-downs to the main menu is as easy as adding new menus and assigning them to one of the existing menu items. Again, in the demo setup, the article called Zen Grid Framework is assigned to the main menu, Features. It looks like the below within your menu manager.

Features
Find out what makes this template tick
|_ Zen Grid Framework

Finally, if you assign a new menu associated to the Zen Grid Framework, an additional menu box will extend out to it's right.

Hope this better explains how to manage menus within Joomla. Please, let us know how else we can assist moving forward.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Last Edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Ed.
Thank you guys both for your help. I'm about to get it down.
  • gocb
  • Previous Member
  • 67 posts
B) No problem.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers