Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

New here and need a little help.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey again,

That solution will only work for the page with phpBB in it. The missing closing div is in the phpBB output and the change you made just illustrated it.
Any alterations would have to be made in the phpBB component output to fix this.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Ok I think I have it almost whipped. Is it possible to make the right side modules smaller? If you look you will see what I mean...

http://www.gettingourcountryback.org/forum
  • gocb
  • Previous Member
  • 67 posts
I think in can be done in 2 parts

1. change the width of the right column to about 25% and the float from left to right on line 72 of gettingourcountryback.org/templates/bamboonewsnativej1.5/css/template_css.css

2. edit the background image tro match gettingourcountryback.org/templates/bamboonewsnativej1.5/images/bg_blue.jpg

(of course you could avoid all the grief of this and using bridges and such by using a joomla native forum component, those who know me would know which one I would suggest :) )
  • Astrophel
  • Free Extensions
  • 166 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Last Edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Astrophel.
So which one would you suggest? Agora looked pretty good.
  • gocb
  • Previous Member
  • 67 posts
My opinion would be biased since I am involved with that particular project.

I do believe it is to most fully functional, and you will find the support there very good as well.

But like I say, that could be seen as a biased opinion. (phpBB is an excellent forum software but for joomla sites a native forum may be easier to deal with)
  • Astrophel
  • Free Extensions
  • 166 posts
  • 2 Thanks
was testing that template on my test site, here it is with basic Agora

The Agora Style shown here is not one available from jVitals, but the standard ones would look very good www.thepreviewsite.com/agora-forum

hmm bizarre ... that template messes with the Agora menu a little, will check with GM tomorrow to see why.
  • Astrophel
  • Free Extensions
  • 166 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Menu does work with all other JB templates, maybe related to the issue you are having with the phpBB wrapper?
  • Astrophel
  • Free Extensions
  • 166 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Thanks for all your help. I guess I'm going to need to scrap this template. Can anyone make suggestion of similar template?
  • gocb
  • Previous Member
  • 67 posts
It is really such a basic template that you could easily replicate the appearance with the Zen Grid Framework and Zen Default template. The end result would be far more flexible though and easy to accomodate the features you want.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
I decided to give News Stream a try. I would like a one or two pictures in the back drop similar to the preview... how do i make that happen http://www.gettingourcountryback.org
  • gocb
  • Previous Member
  • 67 posts
Excellent choice!

The best way to start out with Newstream as a standard template installation is by going through this themes doc page (www.joomlabamboo.com/documentation/newstream-documentation). Section #5 will give you an outstanding overview of what goes where and how based on the actual demo.

The images your wanting to create is being generated by the JB Slideshow module and residing in the banner monule position.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers