Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Google Analytics / Tracking Statistics

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

First of all, uber templates!

I'm a newb - just getting acquainted with Joomla.. Installed Organica (the quickstart way) about 3 days ago and so far I'm fumbling as gracefully as I know to.

Was wondering - do you know how to track activity on the site? I haven't touched CMS in over 5 years, and I recall the ones I messed around with having that already integrated. Not seeing anything of the sort in Joomla so far.

Would be lovely if someone could please point me in the right direction..

Asha
  • ashaservia
  • 12 Month basic
  • 3 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Asha,

Welcome to Joomla Bamboo!

The most popular method is using Google Analytics. First, pop over to the Google Analytics site and get yourself a unique piece of tracking code.

Good news first, all JB templates this year, have a facility to just pop that code into the template settings. The template takes care of the rest and makes sure it is included on every page for you. That's it, you're tracking!

The bad news, pre-2010 templates can't do that (at least yet). For those you have two options, head over to the Joomla Extensions Directory and grab an extension that will insert the code correctly for you, or manually place the code in the template yourself. I would recommed the 1st option as you are just starting out on your Joomla journey.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Last Edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Seth.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers