Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Avanti : Hide home button from main menu

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,

I'm Stefan from Paris and I'm using the Avanti template, with Joomla 1.5.20 and K2.

I would like to remove/hide the "Home" button from the main menu (this is the only menu I'm using).

I already have the logo on the top left to go to the home page and I would like to save space on my main menu (in order to increase the size of the font of the items in the menu).
So I would like to know how I can keep the logo as the link to my home page and in the same time not to have the item "home" visible at all in the tool bar for the whole site.

Here is my demon site :
www.thinkandgo.partenairewebdepuis2004.fr

Thank you for your help,

Stefan
  • stetvilla
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 395 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
As the 'Home' page is the default, you'll need to create a new menu, and then go back to the 'Home' link under the main menu and copy it to this new menu. Make this the default page (select it and click 'default')
A module for this menu will automatically be created, to display it, but you don't need to actually have it enabled.
As this template uses modules - such as the slideshow - on that specific page within that menu, you'll need to go into the module manager and change those modules which you want to dispaly on the home page to this new menu item (under 'menu assignment').
  • Nathan
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 24 posts
Hello again Nathan,

Thank you for your help. I've just done it and it worked.

The home button is not visible anymore and the logo works to go to the home page :

www.thinkandgo.partenairewebdepuis2004.fr/

It's perfect!

Thanks again,

Stefan
  • stetvilla
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 395 posts
Cool! Glad to hear.
  • Nathan
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 24 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers