Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Changing background images for template ecolift

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi all,

i was sniffing through the forum threads and came across an interesting one!
There is a thread where you told us to set a background image by editing body tag in the theme.css.

I've tried this out and it works, but now i wonder how the template below managed to have different background images per menu entry.

www.graphicaholic.com/Newstream

Could someone give me a hint, because i don't want the frontpage background imaage to occur on every page.

Thanks
  • Kelvin Liu
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kelvin,

This is my Newstream test site... I was able to get the different backgrounds using a module called, 'Backgrounds'. You can download it here;

www.joomla4more.com/downloads/cat_view/1-background-module

Within every menu page(s) that you want a different background, you'll assign it via the modules Menu Assignment. The module has only seven Parameters to configure and they are fairly straight forward to understand. Once thing you should know... for every different background you want to assign to a menu you will have to create a 'Copy or Copies' of the module. On my Newstream demo site I have three copies of this module with all pointing to a different background image.

Hope this helps you along. The module is 'Donation-Ware' so if you find it useful, drop joomla4more.com a dime or two for creating a very useful extension.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Hello Ed,

thank you very much for sharing this!
Just downloaded it, will try it out soon...

Kelvin
  • Kelvin Liu
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
Kelvin,

Your most welcomed.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers