Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Can't get to my sub menus

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Dear all,

got a strange issue where my sub menus do display, but disappear when i try to click on it.

The best way to explain my situation is to provide you an example, please navigate to www.template.chunhooliu.com.

There i've installed a quickstart ecolift template, when mouse over one of the main menu items you see that the sub menu width is relatively small and you can not click on it, because it disappears right away when you leave you mouse pointer from the main menu item.

It sounds a stupid question, but really spend some time to solve this, but can't find any information that could help me yet.

Thanks.
  • Kelvin Liu
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Okay the file http://www.template.chunhooliu.com./templates/zengridframework/js/jquery.zengrid.combined.gzip.php is throwing a 500 internal server error, which means it's a server side issue, and likely to be something with a file permission gone wonky.
Check that the files permissions are set to 644, or any of the parent folders are 755 (they shouldn't be 777).

You can see this via Firebug's 'net' feature.
Btw, it's not a stupid question!
  • Nathan
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 24 posts
Hi Nathan,

thank you for your reply on my thread, you are right!
The folder and file permissions were set wrongly.

It took me a while to reset it to the defaults you mentioned, but now it works fine!

Thank you very much!

And thank you for the tip to use Firefox with Firebug to see these debugging/warning/error messages.

I used google chrome with Firefox lite( that's without net tab ).
  • Kelvin Liu
  • Previous Member
  • 11 posts
Cheers, np
  • Nathan
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 24 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers