Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Microblog / Slideshow alignment - possible clears

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I know, scold me for using someone else's template!! I built this site a few years back, recently lost an entire VPS and backups so having to rebuild close to 100 sites!!

NIGHTMARES

The problem I'm having here is the side by side alignment of these two module positions on the home page.
symphonyballet2.org.dataz.com/

On the left is typical JB Slideshow

On the right is a nested module configuration.
RokTabs is the container module.
Each tab (Classic & Pops) points to a K2 item with microblog called for that category via loadposition in the body of the k2 item.

The problem is that I can't get Rok Tabs **When it contains microblog modules** to float to the right of slideshow.

If I swap microblogs called in by loadposition, and replace them with a placeholder image, then RokTabs will align side by side with Slideshow..

I'm suspecting some CLEARs in the module CSS or something like that but have tried turning things off and no luck.

Hopefully you understand this mess, when it works (it used to pre bamboo & pre k2) then it looks pretty sweet.

Let me know if you can help me identify what is causing the module to pull into the bottom, when microblogs are loaded.

Thanks!!!
  • B Smith
  • 12 Month basic
  • 397 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Oh boy rebuilding 100 sites. That sounds like an apocalypse :(

Looks like there might be two things going on.

Try setting an explicit width for the slideshow. I know it works with other modules but it does take up a lot of extra space on that page.

Have you tried setting to column mode for the microblog module?

For some reason I cant seem to access the css file for the site so its hard to give more than this.

There are a few styles in the microblog.css file that might be relevant:
.mbClear {clear: both;}
.mbWrapFlat {float: left;width: 100%;border-bottom: 1px dashed #ddd;padding: 10px 0;}
.mbitemFlat.full {width: 100%;}

but rather than editing the best way to see if its the culprit is to disable the css in the module. That will give us some more pointers.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
ok,
thanks for your help anthony, it's been rough

microblog css set to no

issue still exists
  • B Smith
  • 12 Month basic
  • 397 posts
  • 2 Thanks
column mode now

module disappears entirely
  • B Smith
  • 12 Month basic
  • 397 posts
  • 2 Thanks
take a look now,

this is with RokTabs, but no loadposition, placeholder image instead.

this is why i think it's in microblog.

Where do I set an explicit width on Slideshow.

Thanks again for the help.

Trying to get this live tonight.

B
  • B Smith
  • 12 Month basic
  • 397 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Ah ok.

No need for the width now that I see how it works. You do it though by changing 100% int he slideshow width to 400px.

Can you create a ticket and we will have a look at it. I have to head out for the day in 20 minutes or so but I can take a look now if you can submit it.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers