Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Newstream tabs not showing

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

HI team,

First of all just want to say that Joomlabamboo templates are some or the best templates out there, but the Newstream template is amazing and the Zen Grid Framework just makes the whole building and layout of a site a joy. So much so it pushed me over the edge to purchase a subscription. Well done team.

There now I have got that of my chest, I do have an issue with the tabs on the Newstream template. In a nutshell I have published modules to the tabs positions but they stubbornly refuse to show.

I have set the overrides for 'grid1' and have published JB Micro Blog to tab positions 1 and 2. I can event see the tab positions if I use '?tp=1' at the end of the URL. But still the tabs will not show normally.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

FYI - I am using the template on my development site on my local machine so I am unable to show/give access to anyone to look. Sorry.

Regards
Simon
  • Simon Mainwaring
  • Previous Member
  • 18 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
In addition to the above, I have been able to get the tabs to now appear by publishing to all four positions.

It seems though, that they are only showing in one column and are all bunched up (please see attached screenshot).

FYI - when I run '?tp=1' I can still see grids 2 - 4.
  • Simon Mainwaring
  • Previous Member
  • 18 posts
Ok, I seem to have narrowed this down to a CSS issue (as far as the bunched up content is concerned).

There seem to be two related styles causing the problem:

1. A width is being applied to the id 'tabbedArea' which is causing the bunched appearance;
2. Once this is removed (via Firebug) there is a value (300px) which needs to be overridden from theme.css to allow the tabs to flow properly.

My question then is where is the value from point 1 being set? This seems to be the override value and in my mind is what should normally set the tab widths.

Secondly, is it possible to only have two or three tabs showing? If so, how?

Thanks
Simon
  • Simon Mainwaring
  • Previous Member
  • 18 posts
Ok, all resolved. Reinstalled and problem is gone. :/

*Scratches head and looks confused*
  • Simon Mainwaring
  • Previous Member
  • 18 posts
Hey Simon,

Sorry I missed the earlier posts - glad you got it sorted though :)

Sounds like a dodgy install.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
No problem. Glad I got it sorted and am now making some headway on customising the template for my site.
  • Simon Mainwaring
  • Previous Member
  • 18 posts
Sounds great - let us know when its finished :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers