Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Cannot Unzip My Files

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have tried all day to unzip my files... these are the quickstarts and they won't unzip. I have also manually installed them and then they show up as restricted??? I have tried many different combinations of installs to see if I am missing something and also have tried tech help from my hosting company. Neither of us could figure it out. Why are my quickstarts not installing? I am first trying to install a quickstart and then a zen grid. I have also tried the combination of just a quickstart. I've done a manual install and I've done it by way of my file manager???? What am I doing wrong?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

Sorry you are having this trouble.

Re the zips not unzipping if you are using windows vista I believe there is an issue with the default zip application that doesnt not unzip properly. You can try the application called 7zip if this is the case.

Here are two links for info regarding the quickstarts:

www.joomlabamboo.com/documentation/what-is-the-difference-between-a-joomla-template-and-the-quickstart-packages
www.joomlabamboo.com/documentation/how-to-install-the-quickstart-package

Please note that they do not install via the Joomla installer.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
none of that is working. I have tried all of those things and I'm not using Vista. I'm using Firefox. I have also read the docs over and over again. The errors keep telling me to create a file extention of some kind inside of my directory in order to unzip the files. I have a filzilla, I am working through my cpanel and I have done this over and over all day today. I really would like to know what the issue is?? Thanks in advance.
Judi :)

Archive: /home2/achicka1/public_html/judithrohatiner/JB_Newstream_Quickstart_J1.5.20_v1.0.3.zip
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home2/achicka1/public_html/judithrohatiner/JB_Newstream_Quickstart_J1.5.20_v1.0.3.zip or
/home2/achicka1/public_html/judithrohatiner/JB_Newstream_Quickstart_J1.5.20_v1.0.3.zip.zip, and cannot find /home2/achicka1/public_html/judithrohatiner/JB_Newstream_Quickstart_J1.5.20_v1.0.3.zip.ZIP, period.
hmm sorry I misunderstood the error you were getting.

Looks like the download was incomplete. I just checked the package and it unzips fine here. Do you mind checking again? You should be able to unzip it fine on your hard drive and it will behave the same way as unzipping on the server.

Sorry for the trouble you are having.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers