Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

What's happening with Habitat3 "top" menu position

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm just starting work on a new site (empoweringmen.com/joomla) and have the main menu module published in the top position. Publish the Slider is set to NO, Use Mootools is NO, Use hidden div method is NO, and Dropdown boxes is NO.

So what is going on that SOMEWHERE the div.wrap attribute of float: right in the CSS is being over-written with float:none, forcing the menu down below the left div?? I've been working on this for close to two hours and it makes no sense to me at all. The wrap div floats fine when the main menu is published in the left position....

If I can't successfully publish the mainmenu in the top position I'm going to have to abandon this template -- and I REALLY don't want to do that 'cos the client loves it.

Please feel free to ridicule me and point out the "obvious" fix that I'm missing if that's the case!!

Thanks --
  • Gwen
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 3 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Gwen,

This is one of the oldest templates we have and the code may not be all that flush.

In the index.php file you should find
<?php if($this->countModules('left') == 0) { ?>
<style type="text/css" media="screen">
.wrap {margin:0 auto;float:none}
.left {display:none}
</style>
<?php } ?>

If you have no modules published to the left position then it will apply the float none style.
You can remove that code if you please.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Ooh, how embarrassing that it didn't occur to me to look at the index.php file... Thanks for pointing out the fix so quickly, Jason!!
  • Gwen
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 3 posts
Glad you found it Gwen.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers