Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

K2 category layout - padding/margin issues

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

Building my first site with K2 as the base and using the avanti template. When setting the Category item layout - having primary items in two columns, there is no gutter / margin / padding between the two columns. Looking at the css in the live page it shows each column as 50% width but i can't find where this css is controlled to change, and i'm sure it should be generating a margin as standard anyway.

This is the link to the page where it's occurring:

www.jubileetower200.co.uk/cms/whats-on

Can anyone point out why this is happening and any advice as to how to change it.

Many thanks

Jake
  • jakeholmes1
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 77 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jake,

Add the following to the k2.css file and it will give you a little breathing space:
.catItemView {
padding: 0 11px 0 0;
}

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Cheers Anthony,

This did the job, but for some reason has pushed every other item down a row?? I've put a red border around them to make it easier to see but it happens with or without the border?

www.jubileetower200.co.uk/cms/whats-on

Any ideas?
  • jakeholmes1
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 77 posts
hi again,

I've worked it out in the end. Some of the articles were very short so falling short of the max intro text word count, which meant that the longer articles (which did meet the max word count) ended up being longer in this category item view so pushing the next item out of alignment.

that all sounded confusing - but if anyone else comes accross this - make sure the max word count for the intor text is met or exceeded with every article.

Cheers
  • jakeholmes1
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 77 posts
Thanks Jake - that made complete sense to me.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers