Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

jb_type plugin stops site

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Well I give up: tried for two hours, cannot , really cannot get the jb_type plugin to play.

At first nothing happened when I insert the code (as I understand it!) inside an article text.
Next I upgraded to the latest version, I think: and the complete site freezes up.

When I research I find that there are two (?) jb_type plugins: one for content one for system?

This is the error message I get:

"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare gettypecss() (previously declared in /..../domains/africanart.onderzoekspraktijk.nl/html/plugins/content/jbtype/styles.php:155) in /..../domains/africanart.onderzoekspraktijk.nl/html/plugins/system/jbtype/styles.php on line 164"

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Paul
  • Paul Kleingeld
  • 12 Month basic
  • 88 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Paul,

Looks like there is a clash that didnt turn up in testing. Both plugins sat happily together for us. If you uninstall the content version of the plugin then I think that should solve it.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
That solved it.
On another subject: it took me ages to understand how-simple the code is. I was looking for complex ways to do it: perhaps you have to spell it out: use this as code before and this as code after the sentence you want the icon next to.

Thanks.

Paul
  • Paul Kleingeld
  • 12 Month basic
  • 88 posts
Hey Paul,

There is a good example on the JB TYpe page here:
www.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-extensions/free-joomla-extensions/jb-type-joomla-typography-plugin

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Well: silly me, but I just did not read the first paragraph, because the icons took all my attention, and I searched the page sources of these later paragraphs for clues about how to achieve the effects portrayed.
Your description that is was Simple, was not enough to prevent me from derailing myself by looking too far.
My bad, for sure.

But interesting as an experience for me.

Best regards,

Paul
  • Paul Kleingeld
  • 12 Month basic
  • 88 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Paul Kleingeld. Reason: typo
Hehe I completely understand.

Despite the font being small on that page I think its a common thing to skim through articles. I do it all the time :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers