Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Problem: showing code rather than showing gallery

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there,

Hope you guys can help me. I'm using the Scroller template and I want to display a gallery and also a form but all I see is the code I've entered. For example: I'm using ppgallery (which I've used on another website and works fine) and when I enter the code {ppgallery}stories/images{/ppgallery} where my images are what happens is that it displays the code rather than the images. I've seen a thread on the forum that mentions to turn off the editor, so I tried that and it doesn't work either.

I have tried entering this code directly into the module and I've also tried adding it into the article and both ways it only shows me the code.

I'm using JCE editor as default but have tried others and it didn't matter.

What am I doing wrong?

Tayana
  • tayana
  • Previous Member
  • 5 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Tatyana,

The modules (custom) don;t have the ability to render the plugins. But the articles should be rendering them. Have you made sure that the plugin is enabled?
You could try to switch the template to a default Joomla template to see if that helps. Also try using the tiny MCE editor to see if that changes anything. These should help narrow down the source of the problems.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hi Jason,

Thanks for your help, I tried all of those things and nothing worked so I gave up on ppgallery and gave Prettybox a go and that's working fine....yay!

Thanks again
Tayana
  • tayana
  • Previous Member
  • 5 posts
Great - glad you found a solution :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers