Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Avanti Home Page

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

so I installed the template on the home page it shows the slide show fine. It seemed pretty simple...I started to edit the "slide show" items and it updated fine. I then started to edit the blog entries editing all of them... still everything looked good. Then I created new blog entries and they began to appear on the home page... any idea. I am sure it is something simple, but I can't find how to keep my slide show items on the front and my blog on my blog.

The Categories are fine, blogs and slide show are defined correctly.

thanks

Phillip
  • erealgroup
  • Previous Member
  • 3 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 11 months ago by erealgroup.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Phillip,

With your new blog Joomla Articles or K2 Items did you create a new Category for them? The Avanti frontpage is being driven by JB's MicroBlog and it will only pull in Joomla Articles or K2 Items based on the Categories that are defined within the module settings.

Hope this helps out. If not, YELL back and we'll take another crack at it. Also if you could provide a link that would be a big troubleshooting help on our end.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
ok, I think I figured it out. I made a couple of changes to the blog module and it worked.
  • erealgroup
  • Previous Member
  • 3 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 11 months ago by erealgroup.
Phillip,

Not 100% sure what your asking so I need to get a little more info. First thanks for the link, it will better help us get to the bottom of what your asking/wanting.
but the bottom of the front page is still pulling the content from the MicroBlog

This is where I'm not sure what your asking. The Avanti home page is laid-out in three basic formats. The Slideshow (black background) at the top, the content area (being generated via MicroBlog with a white background) and the bottom four moudules (black background). Currently your Slideshow module is pulling data from the slideshow category only. The MicroBlog module is only pulling in data from the blog category (currently there are 15 articles within this category). Finally the bottom four modules (Features, Popular, In progress and Tweet Stream) are performing a variety of functions centered around native Joomla modules pulling data from only Joomla Articles not K2 Items.

Phillip, if you could pin-point your specific needs based on the above, that would be a big help for me.

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Phillip,

Just saw your last post... sorry we must have been posting at the same time. Glad you got it sorted out. Let us know if you run into any more snags.

Ed
  • Ed
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers