Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

No Need for Extended Menu Module?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,
I've been using the Extended Menu, mainly because it's packaged with Joomlabamboo templates. However, I have to admit -- I don't see much advantage to using it. It also seems to add some complications I don't need.

I have changed over my menu modules from Extended Menu back to the Main Menu module. I actually like it better!

Am I missing something, or am I just fine without the Extended Menu module?

Thanks,
Matt
  • matthewschenker
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 311 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
You should be fine using just the main menu module. We don;t use the extended menu module anymore with the zen grid framework. You wouldn't be missing much :)

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Jason,
Thanks for the response.

I try to keep the number of modules and other extensions to a minimum in my site -- only installing ones that serve a real purpose I can't achieve using native creativity. I had a feeling Extended Menu was something I didn't really need, but I wanted to make sure.

Always good to know I'm on the same (web) page as the people at Joomlabamboo.

Thanks again,
Matthew
  • matthewschenker
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 311 posts
  • 1 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers