Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Install folio life - zen grid2 framework problem

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm sure you've seen this hundreds of times before so sorry if im repeating but I've tried various things and not made any progress...

When installing the quickstart package for folio life - on completion i get the following error message on the front end:

The template you are attempting to use requires the Zen Grid2 Framework.
Please refer to the Zen Grid2 framework documentation for more information.

I've read you're Zen Grid Error Page article but I can't seem to resolve the problem

I have tried deleting the whole joomla install from the server and trying again. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the individual folio life template, along with the zengrid framework.

I've not come across this before and I'm unsure what to try next.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Jake
  • jakeholmes1
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 77 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 11 months ago by jakeholmes1.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jake.,

There is a small chance that the package you were using was an old install. The latets version wont do this.

To avoid reinstalling you can just reinstall the zgf framework and uninstall the current version of Folio life and install the latest. Ive just updated the template with a small fix so you might want to grab it fresh now.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the reply.

UnfortunatIy am still having the same problem. I have completely uninstalled joomla and reinstalled a freshly downloaded quickstart pack for folio life.

I have tried reinstalling the zgf and foliolife templates. The standard joomla templates work so it's got to be something to do with the link to zgf i suppose?

Sorry to come back on this but I've obviously got no further?

Is there something daft i might be missing? it wont be anything to do with the server type will it? previous sites have been run on linux servers - i think this is on windows.

cheers
  • jakeholmes1
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 77 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 11 months ago by jakeholmes1.
Hi Jake,

I think this might be an issue with it being a Windows server. The server may not be responding with the proper paths to locate the framework. If you log us a support ticket with some ftp details I can have a look. This path issue may creep up with a lot of the modules as well so let me know.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hi Jason,

I was pretty sure it was the server so I got in touch with the host and had them swith the hosting to linux - which has solved the problem.

No ticket required but cheers again for quick responses.

Jake
  • jakeholmes1
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 77 posts
Welcome Jake :) I'd always recommend a Unix server for Joomla.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers