Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Ripping things apart

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Using Elevate2, and suppose I want to rip out prettyslider which lives in banner. I would like to create a article which would then take prettyslider's place in banner.

I am not quite connecting things together. I have a new section, category, and a new module. I am not sure how to connect the dots.

a clue?
  • Raymond R. Humphrys
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 171 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Ray,

If you want to publish an article there, you'll have to put it into a custom module and publish that module to the position where pretty slider is.
If you don't want to to make a custom module you can try something like JoomlaWorks UCD which helps you display articles in module positions.
By default, articles are displayed in the main content area on a page. On Elevate 2 this is lower down.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Thanks.

Between this and something else I read by some guy named Ed. Things have just fallen into place.

I have inferred from Anthony that everything you need to know about Joomla is here - yup, he's correct.

thanks
  • Raymond R. Humphrys
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 171 posts
Welcome Ray :)
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers