Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Microblog picture spacing

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,

I have the latest version of Microblog (1.3.1) and have a question regarding spacing of my images. On my site - seoul.directrouter.com/~litigati/ I have a "Contributors" and a "Spotlights" section (on home page and accessible from drop down menus), both modules using microblog.

All of my details are pretty well worked out with the exception of spacing of my images. If you'll notice the Contributors section has two rows, one with 4 images and one with 3. The distance between the 3rd and 4th image on the first row is greater than the other distances and thus the pictures are a bit out of balance. I looked in microblog css but didn't want to make changes which might mess up the Spotlights section, whic is showing up pretty well balanced. Some padding on the left might move all images to the right enough to make them look balanced?

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Don
  • donaldmoore
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 145 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Don,

I am just about to release an update to the module that fixes that issue in MicroBlog. Look out for the changelog in a few hours time.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Jason,

Very good , look forward to updating microblog. Is there a particular place I go to get the updated module?

Don
  • donaldmoore
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 145 posts
Hello,
By coincidence, I just noticed this same problem with Microblog.

The same thing occurs when placing multiple items in a row using Bamboobox. After tinkering a bit, I found that a partial solution is to find a size for your thumbnails that, with the right margins, takes up exactly the available amount of space in your template. In other words, if you are working with 960 pixels (Zen Grid), make your thumbnails plus the right margins equal a total of 960.

I still cannot get the rows to display neat spacing, but it is better.

Is there a fix available for Bamboobox as well?

I'm going to post this in the Bamboobox discussion area.

Thanks,
Matthew
  • matthewschenker
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 311 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 14 years 1 month ago by matthewschenker.
Hey folks,

When I first started bamboobox I wanted to be able to apply the gallery in an exact grid so that the last item was exactly right aligned to the container it was positioned in. So because the widths and margin needed to be exact to do this we had to set the right margin option as the variable in the module itself. It means an extra step in the configuration but I think its better like this - well maybe for grid obsessed people like myself :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
So, for Microblog I believe Jason was going to release an update? I'm a bit concerned cause I have two instances on same page with different numbers of images.

seoul.directrouter.com/~litigati

Thank you in advance,
Don
  • donaldmoore
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 145 posts
Right - setting a unique module id for each module should sort that out for you now. So set the two modules to have different ids and then they will be able to handle different right margin values.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
In microblog where do I change the right margin?

Thank you,
Don
  • donaldmoore
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 145 posts
Hey Don,

The updated MicroBlog is available for download now. It has better script efficiency and smarter layouts as well.
Interested in hearing your feedback.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hey Jason,

Thank you for your note. Just got it up on subject site (seoul.directrouter.com/~litigati/)

Looks much better, images balance way better. I'd like to add some balance with more width to the left. Should I do that through CSS or is there a better way?

I can't thank you enough for your responsiveness - absolutely great :)

Don
  • donaldmoore
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 145 posts
Hey Don,

You're most welcome. It's helped improve on the product too :)

If you want some spacing on the left the best way to do it is to add the following style in your template css.
div.mbRow {margin-left:10px}

That should improve the layout for you.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hey Jason,

I added that code in template CSS and didn't see any difference. Just confirming it was to go into template CSS and not microblog CSS?

Thank you,
Don
  • donaldmoore
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 145 posts
Jason,

Disregard last question, I cleared cache and that seems to work very well. Thank you:)

One additional item. In my Contributors Section (seoul.directrouter.com/~litigati/) for the current month issue there are only seven interview, thus the second row has only three pictures. My customer has asked me if it is possible to center those three pictures. I thought of having another microblog instance running, but I'll still be 10px from the left side. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Again, great module, thank you.

Don
  • donaldmoore
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 145 posts
Hey Don,

That's good and you're welcome :)
Off the top of my head I cannot think of a way to do this as yet. I might get back to you when I'm fresher :)

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers