Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Search module returns blank pages only...

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello,

I'm fairly new to this so please forgive me if this is either blindingly obvious or answered elsewhere.

I've installed the quickstart Avanti theme with K2 and have created a catalog and items using K2.
I'm really pleased with how it looks.
However I've just realised that any search term I put into the search box return a blank page. Even for words I know for sure are there.

I've tried the joomla search module, the K2 search module and I've even tried the rokajax search but still no joy.
Can anyone suggest anything I can try.

Without a working search box I won't be able to put the site live as I will have many different product pages.

My thanks in advance...

S.
  • creotom
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

My apologies for the delay.

Can you try and rename the html folder in the template to see if its an issue with the override?

If it does fix it revert the name back to html and let us know and we will do some further testing here.

Otherwise please post a link and we will take a look.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi thanks for getting back to me.
I never did figure out what was wrong. I uploaded a different theme from your site and the search in that one worked.

I'm wondering though is there a way to modify the settings so that a user can do a search for part of a word.
I will have a lot of parts in my catalog and I would like it if users could search by say the first 3 letters of a part number.

I hope this makes sense. I've googled around for a solution but havnt found anything I could understand.

Thanks in advance...
  • creotom
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2 posts
That would require a custom search program, which has nothing to do with the template. If you need something like that, you should look into getting something developed for you. Also search is a feature provided only if the extension you are using supports it.

Regards,
Jeremy
  • Jeremy
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 407 posts
I'm having difficulty setting up a K2 Search box in the Avanti template. It returns a blank page. I have not been able to find any instructions for setting this up... can anyone point me in the right direction, or suggest a better search module?

Thanks,
Geoff
  • geoffr
  • Previous Member
  • 35 posts
I have been hunting around for a few hours, and it seems many people are having difficulty with the K2 search module. Now that I have imported all my content to K2... and I require a search box.... Can anyone offer a solution?

I have tried:

-K2 Search Module
-RokAjaxSearch
-PixSearch

none of which return anything.

Please help if you can tell me how to get this working. I am suppose to deliver the site today ! ;-)

Thanks!
Geoff
  • geoffr
  • Previous Member
  • 35 posts
Last Edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by geoffr.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers