Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Put some Articles in two different Modules

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi everyone !

I have a new tricky question. I have two modules on my Joomla front page, one with my last news, and one which is only for news concerning the French country.

Section = "news".
Categorie= "last news" and "french news".

So when I have a news to write, I select Section "news" and Category "last news" (which refers to my first module).
But in all this "last news" sometimes I want to tell that this new article will be a "last news" BUT ALSO an article referring to the French country "french news" which has to be published in the same time in the second module.

It is possible for an article, exceptionally, to select two categories? So the same article will appear in both the first module linked to the "last news" category and the second module linked to the "french news" category.

Thanks for you help, I hope it is not something easy like in the FAQ, but I have been thinking of how doing this all the night.. :blush:

Jeremy
  • jeremhb
  • Previous Member
  • 8 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jeremy,

I hope that I am understanding you correctly, I would just copy the article and assign it to the other category, thus having it show in both modules.

Cheers
Craig ;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
I was thinking of doing that. I was just wondering if Joomla (which is always surprising me) has something to deal with double categories. Apparently no, both articles won't be instantly added in both categories then.
If I find something about it I tell you, will spend some time on our friend google ;)

Thanks !
  • jeremhb
  • Previous Member
  • 8 posts
Hey Jeremy,

This is actually one of the limitations of Joomla that the recent slew of cck components like K2 and FlexContent have tried to address. So Im pretty sure you can assign items to multiple K2 categories.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Understanding the K2 system will be a next step for me, I will try to have my website working and then I will spend time on this new K2 feature which seems to be powerful.
  • jeremhb
  • Previous Member
  • 8 posts
Hi Jerem,

When I have copied the same article and assigned it to another category the copied article gets issued a different ID number and all is good. (to use in sep modules)

Anthony is totally correct, I changed over to K2 on all my sites to address this little Joomla quirk.

Cheers
Craig ;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Hi Craig,

Good advice, I will duplicate each article I want in two separate modules.
And when everything will be running, I will spend time on the K2, and if any issues with it be sure I will post on the forum ;)

Thanks again, and good luck !
  • jeremhb
  • Previous Member
  • 8 posts
Hi Jerem,

Your welcome :) any time....

If you have any questions regarding K2 just yell out :woohoo: There are a great bunch of people here with considerable K2 knowledge.

Cheers
Craig ;)
  • Craig
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 2G rocks
  • 418 posts
Jeremy,

What two modules are you using or are you using one and a copy for the other? Might have a trick up the sleeve that will get this done for you based on the mod...

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers