Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Avanti Front Page

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I've installed the Avanti template and trying to learn how to work with K2.

I can't work out how to add content to the main content area on the front page. Now certainly this is easy within Joomla itself, but I'm completely baffled as to how to get it there using K2.

I would appreciate someone demonstrating how blind I am and letting me know in a gentle manner.. :-)

Cheers,
  • bushsong
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 8 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey there,

Its pretty easy once you know how :)

1. Create a category.
2. Create an item in K2
3. For the home menu item create a k2 category or k2 menu item link.

It should all just appear then.

Prob need more info to tell where you are going wrong :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Well Anthony, just on the default Avanti installation. It has several micro blog posts intros showing on front page, but how to add some content to the main content area. Because there's nothing there to start with, I don't have anything to go on. multisitesmaster.info is just a site I'm using as a learning tool for K2. As you can see, no home page content. (Can provide site access if requred.)

Cheers,

Ric
  • bushsong
  • 8 posts
Ahh ok,

So on the Avanti doc page it's got some info regarding the frontpage setup. We use the microblog module there that can draw K2 content. You can set that mod up to display your new K2 items by filtering via the category.

If you want to ditch the way we set the quickstart up then change the default menu item to a k2 category and that will also fix it for you.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks Anthony. Changed the menu link to K2 Item, but it seems that in order to get the "front page content" to the top you have to make it a featured item, even though I shifted the micro blogs to Grid 13. I'll get it eventually.. :-)

Cheers,
  • bushsong
  • 8 posts
Hey Ric,

Sounds a bit odd that it has to be a featured item. It may have to do with the category settings. I find the k2 categories/menu settings pretty complicated and spent hours really trying to understand how it worked :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers